Everything
Is OK
Photobucket
anne maree barry says hi

I started this blog in 2007. No one had heard of The Wire and I was making experimental films that a select few saw. My initial tagline for this blog was: 'I write concisely. always. I'm trying to improve this - however, sometimes few words work better'. Then I found Twitter. However, I still post here once a week, so feel free to comment or just to simply say hii.
affiliates

AnneMareeBarry Still Films Dark Light Paul Rowley Eoghan Kidney Alan Butler My Tweets My Vimeo Common Ground Mad decent Warrior One Cake
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 @ 2:32 PM
Studio 468 Open Day


I went to the first Majorette Competition of the year on Sunday. It was a long day but I got some interesting footage (some sketches coming soon), hung out with all the mams and was told some 'there are actually tears running down my face' funny stories. The footage here is from my digital stills camera - my battery had just died on my video camera - excuse the lack of audio and shaky hand. The figures in lime green and silver are the team I'm working with - The Rialto Twirlers.

If you would like to find out more about my project on Saturday 23rd February between 10am and 2pm, Studio 468 will open its doors to invite the local community and the wider arts community to come and learn about the role of the artists’ studio in the community and the benefits to both artists and local people. The day begins with presentations from the current resident artists - Terry Blake and me - Anne Maree Barry.

The studio is located in St Andrew's Community Centre, on the South Circular Road, Rialto. The studio is managed by Common Ground, an arts development organisation, along with representatives from Dublin City Council Arts Office and Rialto Development Association.

In exchange for use of the studio, I proposed that I would collaborate with The Rialto Twirlers. The project combines an experimental short film, live performance and workshops. My aim is to broaden my practice in order to fade the borders between art and everyday encounters. I was recently awarded a grant from the Arts Council for this project.

It is going to be hard work - up to this, my practice focused primarily on empty spaces and the hidden narratives they contain - however, I now welcome - change.


Labels: , , , , ,

1 comments
monthly archive

August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 April 2009 August 2009 October 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 November 2010 March 2011
recent entries

Hot 8 Brass Band The only thing worse than being talked about is no... Where have you been keeping yourself?Oh, here and ... Bombing @ El Cortes Ingles LED Throwies Trapped In the Closet Come Armageddon Come! Lotus Passengers - Waterford Healing Arts Trust Les Clips