Everything
Is OK
Photobucket
anne maree barry says hi

I started this blog in 2007. No one had heard of The Wire and I was making experimental films that a select few saw. My initial tagline for this blog was: 'I write concisely. always. I'm trying to improve this - however, sometimes few words work better'. Then I found Twitter. However, I still post here once a week, so feel free to comment or just to simply say hii.
affiliates

AnneMareeBarry Still Films Dark Light Paul Rowley Eoghan Kidney Alan Butler My Tweets My Vimeo Common Ground Mad decent Warrior One Cake
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 @ 3:57 AM
MissOgnUs Mega Mix
Fannypack

Inspired by a long conversation about misogyny in hip-hop with the artist Declan Clarke, I decided to make this mix. It combines what is fresh in hip-hop and other genres such as funky/niche and baltimore club. Boys and girls discuss widely differing topics, from beating with a branch the girl that slept with your boyfriend, through to immigration difficulties, but many of the songs contain what could be construed as misogynous lyrics (even if they are delivered by women).

The Guardian has an influx of letters regarding Jay-Z headlining at Glastonbury - one journalist is delighted to have the chance to sing along to Jay-Z hits in the rain, and believes the criticism of Jay Z's headline slot reflects an underlying racism from the critics of the festival line up, whilst a reader suggests that the journalist must have no problems with misogyny as the song contains the pithy couplet: "If you having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one". Im not a fan of Jay-Z but I am a fan of Dr. Dre's Chronic 2001 which does contain misogynous lyrics. What is that saying about me? Am I a bad woman?


MissOgnUs Mega Mix (mixed by A.M.)



Track list:
Vampire Weekend - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa (Black Dominoes Remix)
Rye Rye - Shake It To The Ground (Air Jahed Remix)
Spank Rock - Loose (DJ Ayres Remix)
Afrikan Boy - Lidl
Spank Rock - Bootay
Wiley - Wearing My Rolex
Dizee Rascal - Pussyole (DJ Beware Remix)
M.I.A. - Big Branch
Fannypack - Theme from Fannypack
Pase Rock - Lindsey Lohan's Revenge
Ciara featuring M.I.A. - My Goodies (Richard X Remix)
The Gossip - Yr Mangled Heart (Tiga's Congobreak)
Team Shadetek - Brooklyn Anthem (Ghislain Porier Remix)
Ghostface Killah - Charlie Brown (DJ Mehdi Remix feat. Mapei)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments
monthly archive

August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 April 2009 August 2009 October 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 November 2010 March 2011
recent entries

Peter Campus @ Albion, London The Duke Spirit Penguins Rock! Roommating Sexual Eruption I heart technology Fat Dogs and Meat Love Girls Rock! Blonde Ambition Dorian